If you’re lucky to have a puppy in your life, now is the time to get her some much needed training! I’ve specially designed three puppy services so that you and your pup can get the support and guidance throughout the critical puppyhood stage.
Here are my three services that can be booked at anytime:
Puppy Primer: At Home Help With Your Puppy:
There is so much that puppies and people must learn during puppyhood (3-18 weeks old).
C.H.A.C.O.’s PUPPY PRIMER™ will give you the support and guidance you will need to socialize your puppy. Every week your puppy enters a new developmental “chapter,” so knowing precisely what to focus on is not easy! Besides, most puppy parents are overwhelmed with the amount of dedication their puppy needs.
Here are the details:
For puppies’ ages: 8 weeks-4 ½ months of age. Depending on the age of your puppy, what our focus will be. The program includes the following:
• 90 min. Initial Consult: I will meet you at your home to set things up from the very beginning for you and your pup. Ideally, the Initial Consult takes place BEFORE you get your puppy, but it is not mandatory to do so.
We will cover Prevention topics such as House- training | crate training | socialization | bite inhibition | handling | alone time, etc.
• 8, 1 hr. Training sessions at your home, in town, my training hub in Tesuque- relevant to our training. The schedule of these events/locations will depend on your puppy’s age. As we work together with your puppy, we will cover the following:
- Training concepts: Basic learning theory | nothing for free | life rewards | luring | shaping | reward removal | timing | criteria | proofing/handling distraction | getting and keeping focus | rate of reinforcement | fading the lure | problem-solving at home and on the go such as anti-jumping, visitors at your home, typical household noises, etc.
- Basic Obedience: Sit | down | stay | come | go to your mat | anti-jumping| leave it | loose-leash walking.
Board & Train:
C.H.A.C.O’s Board & Train is the perfect solution to help pet parents that are too busy because of family obligations or long hours at work to socialize and care for their young puppy appropriately. The program is comprehensive yet personalized for each puppy.
Open for puppies 8-16 weeks of age. Any breed is welcome. The program is three consequently weeks in length from the start date and depends on current availability.
- Ninety minutes Initial consult with pet parents to determine any specific areas of concern, breed-specific information, pet parent’s goals, and at-home set-up after board and train.
- Three training sessions per day.
- Around-the-clock management for the safety and comfort of your puppy.
- Appropriate socialization outings
- Visit D.V.M. if vaccinations are needed.
- Puppy play group* (If more than one puppy is present for the board & train period.)
- One-hour weekly “transfer session” with puppy parents at C.H.A.C.O. s hub in Tesuque to continue having pet parent’s bond with their puppy and learn what we have been working on during the week.
Training sessions include the following:
- All aspects of socialization: house training, crate training, people, sounds, novelty, no jumping on people, interaction with friendly adult dogs, bite inhibition.
- Husbandry: Handling, brushing, harness, or collar fitting and acceptance.
- Basic obedience: sit, down, come, loose leash walking, impulse control (leaving undesirable items amongst other applications).
- Age-appropriate conditioning: Balance, proprioception exercises, confidence-building exercises.
- Bodywork. Tellington TTouch.
Puppy Remote Support by the Hour:
Puppies are amazing! They also require attention and know-how!
There is so much that puppies and people must learn during puppyhood. Puppyhood is the critical period that will determine how well adjusted your puppy will be as an adult and for the rest of its life.
Every week your puppy enters a new developmental “chapter” – expanding its repertoire of “cuteness”. However, new challenges will arise, therefore knowing what constitutes a “behavioral healthy puppy” is a must.
C.H.A.C.O.’s Puppy Remote Support gives you the help and guidance throughout this critical period.
Get professional, timely, one-on-one assistance, and rest assured that you are providing your puppy the best care and guidance.
Choose the best package that fits your needs based on your experience and comfort level.
Two hours of support:
Receive two hours of one-on-one support via phone, email, or zoom – or a combination of all!
The time purchased can be used in increments and may include support via written training plans or video training plans.
Please note the following:
- Payment is made in full prior to us working together.
- The time purchased must be used within four months of purchase.
- We can begin working together before your puppy comes home- to ensure you have all that is needed for its arrival or when your puppy arrives at home.
- There are no refunds for time not used past the four months.
- Time from your package will be allocated for custom-written training plans or video training plans.
Three-hours of support:
Less experience? No problem! You have five months to use the three support hours as described above.
To learn and book these services, visit this page.