ONLINE group class.
Registration closes on Thursday, Aug. 6th, 2020 at 5 pm.
Conflicts or full-blown fights between our dogs are terrifying, yet a natural aspect of dogs living in a social group.
However, as usual, as they might be, we must interfere in making the situation less volatile and safe for our family members as well as our dogs.
In-home aggression between resident dogs is the perfect topic to address in a remote class setting as the dogs will remain in the household- where the conflicts are taking place. Besides, attending an in-person class is not always easy when it comes to managing at close range dogs that can barely stand to be close to the other resident dog.
This course will cover the following:
- What you need to know to assess the gravity of the situation,
- Learn to read small warning signs so you can re-direct as needed
- Learn how to better-set household boundaries and manage your dogs to avoid escalation of conflicts
- Teach your dog (s) behaviors that will facilitate safe co-existence and lower arousal
- And give you the knowledge to know when and how to intervene.
Dog on dog conflict and aggression between the same household residents is a hands-on course that will require a commitment on your part in practicing the exercises in between live-sessions. The course is open to only four motivated handlers and their two dogs. To qualify for the course, you must answer a questionnaire that would let me determine if your situation is one that could be helped in a group class or not.
- 8, live group sessions comprised of 2, 30 minutes live (online) meetings per week.
- Instructional videos before class with the exercises that we will practice during live sessions.
- 2, individual 15 min. checking (for homework/videos)
Fees: $482.06 (Santa Fe county tax included)
- With an additional one on one 30 min. Review session $562.40 (Santa Fe county tax included)
Dates for live (online) group classes:
As stated, we will meet twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays, beginning on Monday, August 10th, for Orientation. Our Monday meetings will be from 11:30 am to 12 noon (Mountain time/US). Our Thursday meeting will be from 3-3:30 pm (Mountain time/US).
on the following dates:
Monday, August 10th, Thursday, August 13th,
Monday, August 17th, Thursday, August 20th
Monday, August 24th, Thursday, August 27th
Monday, September 7th, and Thursday, September 10th.
Note: Attendance to all live sessions is STRONGLY recommended.
- Makeup 30 min. Sessions will be charged at $80.34 (Santa Fe county tax included) and scheduled privately.